Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Knowing His Will

I want to pose a question to you about decisions in life..... How does a person really know what they are supposed to do? Think on that and read along as I share with you what I have learned.

Many times in life I have asked the question or heard others ask, "How do I know what God's will is for my life?" This is a perplexing question to many at different times in varying situations. I bring to you wisdom from trial and error and seeking God's answer with my whole heart.

In life we are faced with choices and those choices will determine the course of our future. These things come in the form of the direction for school, our careers, who to date/marry, timing for starting a family, how to spend our money, and so on and so on. No matter what your personal decision, is it is specific to you and to your life and your situation. No one person walks the same course or has the same experiences that enrich and embodies who they are in the world. Therefore, there is rarely the same answer to the same question. Now, in some situations like....should I choose to eat McDonald's french fries or switch it out for the apples?....everyone should opt for the apples. It's simply because that is the healthiest choice based upon your physical needs, right? I dare to say, no! What if someone has an allergy to apples or an illness that prevents that choice? Now from my personal mission in life towards wellness I would have said upon first glance, "absolutely everyone should choose apples" you may have said, "no way, I can't eat apples because....." but maybe the best choice was to eat at home instead...ha ha. See nothing is cut and dry in any circumstance.

So, how do we know? What tells us that one thing is better than another or one direction or choice is the best one for the moment? Hear what was spoken by Job who was tested with the fire of darkness and yet survived. Job 33:15
"In a dream,for instance,a vision at night,when men and women are deep in sleep, fast asleep in their beds— God opens their ears and impresses them with warnings To turn them back from something bad they're planning, from some reckless choice, And keep them from an early grave, from the river of no return. (The Message)"

Job shares with us (from personal experience) that when we are quiet before God, we will hear His voice. I hear His voice in my dreams,in my quiet time before Him, through specific ordained scripture,by God-fearing people around me and by matching up words of prophesy over me with circumstances in my life. Anytime you are faced with a problem that seems greater than any solution you can see, take it to His throne of grace. He sees the course ahead,He brought you through the course behind and will step with you through the right now.

Ephesians 2:7
Now God has us where he wants us,with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing. (The Message)

Face the decision before you with strength! He knows the plans He has for you as spoken in Jer 29:11. Pray and seek His face,favor and fascinating plan. If you need someone to pray with you or for you, just ask. That is what I was created to do in this world. It would be my pleasure to have the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment