Thursday, February 20, 2014

Courageous Parents

"The Few. The Proud. The Marines." This is an impressive slogan for the brave Marine Corp. They protect our freedom. They are trained for combat. Marines are strong heroes. My heart is forever thankful for them. Courage is not only for the military. It is required in the life of a parent.

Dictionary.com says, Courage is defined as the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc.,without fear; bravery. I must admit, I'm not always courageous. Fear creeps up and slaps me in the face. Difficulty attempts to flag me down and hold me in bondage. Yet, because I journey Christ's freedom process my mind/spirit has developed a "quality" to overcome, fear does not win. 

Parents have this unspoken responsibility of ensuring tiny creatures grow up to be courageous and positive forces in life. Simply put, parents are in a daily battle. This battle is not for the weak. It takes strength and love. Relying on self is a sure-fire way to fail in the parenting business. Without going to the very source of freedom, there is no way for victory. Freedom is found after facing the scariest areas inside ourselves. 

Most people are still searching for daily release from their own downfalls. Add in the responsibility of battling for other life's at the same time. This combination will either be successful or a complete nightmare. It is like watching a movie where the lead actor is tied up to a tree and must help their love out of quicksand. Can it be done? Absolutely, it is Hollywood. The lead actor wiggles and wiggles until the chains miraculously fall from them and they rush to successfully rescue their greatest love just in the nick of time. What about the unscripted every day movie playing out in the life of parents and one of their greatest loves, their children? How can chains be broken so parenting difficulty is overcome? There is only one Great Magician. His magic is not illusion. He is the "Great, I am." 

Parenting is not for the weak. We are weak in our own power. Simple realignment establishes bravery and courage. Ephesians 6:19-20, "And don’t forget to pray for me. Pray that I’ll know what to say and have the courage to say it at the right time, telling the mystery to one and all, the Message that I, jailbird preacher that I am, am responsible for getting out." Today, I am praying for all parents. You are protecting the heart and lives of your children. Teaching them to be brave warriors who are fighting darkness. You are a hero. Let your courage shine and break through your weariness. Turn to the greatest Warrior of all times. He is ready and waiting to help you.  

The Free. The Courageous. The Parents. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment