Sunday, October 3, 2010

I Believe in Miracles ~

Audrey Hepburn said it best, "I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."

You know what I love about this quote? She didn't stop at telling us she is a girly girl or that she likes a lot of romance. She went on to say she believes that a new day is coming and on the otherside of the moon is a chance for a miracle. We all should embrace who we are and I know we all want a little...romance...but most of all, we all NEED a miracle. There is something in your life that you have been waiting and hoping for. I'm waiting for answers to some huge issues. I have friends who are waiting for answers and solutions to relationship issues, unfullfilled dreams, and so many other things. The list goes on and on. I want you to have that miracle as bad as I want it for myself. The exciting thing is that God wants to perform one for you and me. My problem is that I forget who is on my side. Assuming responsibility results in me losing focus. I start to think about the mountain in front of me, grab a spoon, and start scooping. Believe me, I work dilegently until I'm exhausted. I work with a passion to solve the issue all the while my actions scream, "I can move the mountain all by myself if I just scoop harder and work faster." After a while the only thing that moves is myself as I collapse. If you don't see me as a pile on the floor you will see me short-tempered and close to tears at the drop of a hat. Do you know what I mean? I forget about the great big God that is anxiously awaiting my surrender to Him so He can perform the miracle and move that mountain.

Today, at church, our pastor said we need to start making appointments with God. We make appointments with everyone else but not God. I know He is the one who can do supernatural miracles and yet I don't go to Him first. Something is wrong with that picture. I'm daydreaming about the miracles which will be present this week if I stop trying to make things happen and instead sit back and reorganize my time. I'm committing to putting things in order. God first, family second, career third, and then everything else.

Thank you God for promising us a miracle.

I believe in colors that paint the sky with hope with each rainbow. I believe in love that stands the test of time. I believe in living as if there is no tomorrow. I believe in never leaving without a kiss and saying I love you. I believe the most beautiful girls I know love God with all their heart and it shines on their face as they endure and stand in faith. I believe in tomorrow. I can't wait to see the miracles! ~ Amber

1 comment: